The Amarillo Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) holds the Amarillo Cattle Drive Photo Contest each year to collect high-quality photos of the Amarillo CCC Cattle Drive to be used in future Amarillo tourism marketing campaigns. Professional and amateur photographers can compete for two $500 prizes by submitting photos taken during the Cattle Drive.
To participate, take a photo during the Cattle Drive that captures the spirit of this year's two themes.
- 100 Years of Road Tripping Automobiles play an important role in American history and represent the freedom, adventure, and excitement of the open road. We encourage photographers to showcase the beauty and uniqueness of these classic cars in their submissions.
- Capture the Wild West Cowgirls, cowboys, and cattle represent the heritage of the American West. We encourage photographers to capture the beauty, rawness, and rugged, adventurous spirit of the West in these submissions. Photos must include longhorns.
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM, Wednesday, June 7
- All entries must be submitted via the official contest uploader below
- Please name the image file with your name and cattle drive 2023 (I.e. Jane Doe_Cattle Drive 2023)
- The 2 winners of the Amarillo Cattle Drive & Parade Photo Contest will receive $500 each.
- The winning photographer will be notified by Friday, June 16.
- Entries from professional and amateur photographers are accepted.
- The winning photographer must be able to provide a high-resolution version of the winning image. If the winner is not able to provide a high-res version of their image other entries will be considered for selection.
- Photos must be original and taken during the Amarillo Coors Cowboy Club Cattle Drive & Parade.
- Photos may be taken from any vantage point along the drive, however, absolutely NO one will be allowed to go in the street or obstruct the parade route in any way to take photos.
- All entries must be submitted via the official contest upload page. Entries sent in other ways will not be accepted.
- Photos must not show the name of the photographer, agency, or publication, or any other information (these details can be included in the metadata of the pictures but must not be visible on the picture itself).
- The photographer(s) must be the author(s) of the photos submitted in their name.
- The photographer(s), or the agent or representative entering on their behalf, must be the copyright holder(s) or have been authorized by the copyright holder(s) to submit the pictures.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by the Amarillo CVB and supporting sponsors for advertising purposes.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree that the Amarillo CVB and supporting sponsors own full rights to all entries.
- Entries will be judged by the Amarillo CVB and supporting sponsors. All decisions are final. The Amarillo CVB reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
- The copyright holders represent and warrant that submission of the pictures does not breach any law, and further that no third party can hold any claims or any objections regarding the rights granted to the Amarillo CVB and supporting sponsors. The copyright holders will hold the Amarillo CVB and supporting sponsors harmless of any claims from third parties related hereto.
- The conditions set out in the Entry Rules are binding, and the Amarillo CVB reserves the right to refuse or exclude any entry at its own discretion.
Cattle Drive Route Map
Special thanks to the sponsors of the CCC Cattle Drive Photo Contest