While you're in Amarillo we hope that you have time to catch one of the major annual events that make Amarillo the fine city that it is. Here is a list of the events you can't miss during your visit:
- Coors Cowboy Club Ranch Rodeo pits area’s ranches in friendly but serious competition. The Coors Cowboy Club Cattle Drive kicks off the weekend. Early June. coorsranchrodeo.com. 806-376-7767.
- Amarillo Community Market held Saturdays, Mid-June through mid-October, 9 am - 1 pm, 1000 S. Polk Street. 806-335-6360
- Amarillo Chamber Summer Fireworks Extravaganza is held in Downtown Amarillo and features food and beverage vendors, music, and of course, fireworks! The Saturday before July 4th. 806-373-7800.
- Will Rogers Range Riders Rodeo - local cowboys have been gathering over the July 4th holiday for more than 70 years. willrogersrangeriders.com. 806-622-2102.
- National Day of the Cowboy helps everyone understand what it takes to be a cowboy. Last Saturday in July. aqha.org 806-376-4811.
- Boys Ranch Rodeo +adventureFEST is all about the boys and girls of Cal Farley’s Boys Ranch. Saturday, Labor Day weekend. calfarley.org 800-687-3722.
- Tri-State Fair & Rodeo is one of Amarillo’s oldest events with rides, food, exhibits, and action. Mid-September. tristatefair.com 806-376-7767.
- Good Times Celebration® Barbecue Cook-Off brings together over 100 cooking teams with thousands of barbecue fans. Second Thursday of September. amarillo-chamber.org 806-373-7800.
- Jazztober by Center City Free Jazz concerts held every Tuesday evening in October on the lawn of the Historic Bivins Home in downtown Amarillo. centercity.org 806-372-6744.
- Cowboy Mounted Shooting Association Wrangler World Championships determines who is the fastest and most accurate shot from horseback. Mid-October. cowboymountedshooting.com 806-376-7767.
- WRCA World Championship Ranch Rodeo is the real deal. Cowboys from ranches across the West are in town for this serious rodeo. The second weekend of November. wrca.org 806-374-9722.
- Amarillo Farm & Ranch Show is one of the nation’s largest indoor farm & ranch shows. The week after Thanksgiving. ideaggroup.com/amarillo 806-378-4297.
- Christmas in the Gardens gets you ready for the Holiday Season with a stroll through the Amarillo Botanical Garden’s glowing foliage. End of November through right before Christmas. amarillobotanicalgardens.org 806-352-6513.
- Center City Electric Light Parade kicks off the holiday season. The first weekend in December. centercity.org 806-372-6744.
- Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum Christmas Open House, with singing and treats and Santa lining the halls of the state’s largest history museum. The first weekend in December. panhandleplains.org 806-651-2244.
- The Nutcracker attracts generations of fans each year. The second weekend of December. lonestarballet.org 806-372-2463.