Halloween Things to Do in Amarillo
Halloween in Amarillo, Texas, is a time of spooky fun and community festivities. As October rolls around, the city gears up for a variety of Halloween activities. If you're looking for Texas fall vacation ideas, we've got them! From haunted houses and pumpkin patches to costume contests and family-friendly events, Amarillo offers a fantastic array of things to do to make your trip unforgettable.
Haunted Houses and Fall Attractions
Our vibrant city offers a ton of thrilling fall attractions that are perfect for those seeking spooky things to do in Texas. Amarillo has no shortage of haunted houses if you crave excitement and heart-pounding thrills.
6th Street Massacre
3015 SW 6th Ave, Amarillo,TX
Hours: Friday-Saturday & October 29-31, 7 PM - Midnight
2736 SW 10th Ave Amarillo, TX
Hours: Friday, October 6/13/20/27 & Tuesday, October 31
The Haunt at Sundown
1201 W. Sundown Lane, Amarillo, TX
Hours: Friday-Saturday & October 29-31, 8 PM - 11 PM
Haunting of Synchronicity - The Simulated Universe (October 1 - 31)
The Simulated Universe is Amarillo’s newest interactive art installation, created by a collective of local artists. This Halloween season they will be leaning into the Halloween spirit. Don’t miss it!
Leonard Farms Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch - Haunted Corn Maze
1760 FM 1062, Canyon, TX
Pumpkin Patches & Corn Mazes
From pumpkin patches to corn mazes, Amarillo's fall events promise unforgettable memories for your Texas fall vacation.
Enjoy a corn maze, pumpkin patch, haunted maze, movie nights, and more at Leonard Farms Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch. Check out their season schedule here.
Maxwell’s Pumpkin Farm
Maxwell's features more than 30+ attractions for the whole family. Pick a pumpkin, get lost in the giant corn maze, or stroll through the sunflower fields. Pro-tip: in the winter time you can experience holiday bliss with their dazzling Trail of Lights, visits with Santa, and more.
Gee Family's Sweet Corn & Pumpkin Patch
Enjoy another family-owned Pumpkin Patch at Gee Family Farms. This farm features hay rides, a corn maze, a giant hay slide, educational opportunities and more.
Family-Friendly Halloween Events
- First Thursday Art + Music: Creep Show! - Historic Route 66 District | October 5, 2023
- First Friday Art Walk & Costume Contest - Amarillo Art Institute | October 6, 2023
- Spooktacular Day Camp - Don Harrington Discovery Center | October 6 & 9, 2023
- Amarillo Botanical Gardens Pumpkinfest - Amarillo Botanical Gardens | October 7, 2023
- Boo at the Zoo - Amarillo Zoo | October 13 & 14, 2023
- Fall Carnival - St. Mary’s Cathedral School | October 14, 2023
- Skyfest Spooktacular - Hodgetown Stadium | October 16, 2023
- Hocus Pocus 2 in the Park - Memorial Park | October 21, 2023
- Monster Bash - Don Harrington Discovery Center | October 28, 2023
- Amarillo’s Largest Trunk or Treat - Contagion Athletics | October 28, 2023
- Fall Festival - The Church at Quail Creek Fall Carnival | October 29, 2023
- 14th Annual Fall Festival - Arena of Life Church | October 29, 2023
Spooky Eats and Treats
Get ready to sink your teeth into spine-tingling flavors and embark on a culinary adventure like no other in Amarillo! This October, the city comes alive with eerie delights at two unforgettable events that will leave your taste buds screaming for more.
- Drunken Fright Night - Drunken Oyster | October 28, 2023
- Murder Mystery with the Count - The Big Texan Steak Ranch & Brewery | October 13 & 14, 2023
Can't-Miss in October
If Halloween isn't your thing, we've lined up other exciting events you can't miss in Amarillo this October.
- Amarillo Chamber Barbecue Cook-Off - Tri-State Fair Grounds | October 5, 2023
- Jazztober - Lawn of the Historic Bivins Home (1000 S. Polk St) | October 5, 2023 (every Tuesday in October)
- Amarillo Octoberfest - Starlight Ranch Event Center | October 7, 2023
- Dino Day - PPHM | October 7, 2023
- Oktoberfest Beer Dinner - Drunken Oyster | October 12, 2023
- ¡Celebraciones! - Amarillo Symphony - Globe-News for the Performing Arts | October 13 & 14, 2023
- Prairie Dog Town Fork of the Red River Festival - Bar Z Winery | October 14, 2023
- Amarillo Margarita Festival - Starlight Ranch Event Center | October 14, 2023
- Horror Movie Trivia Night - Pondaseta Brewing Co. | October, 16, 2023
- Pints & Pups - Pondaseta Brewing Co. | October 19, 2023
- ALT Presents Chemical Imbalance: A Jekyll and Hyde Play - AL T Mainstage | Varying Dates Between October 19-29
- Rockarillo - Historic Route 66 District | October 21, 2023
- Dancing with the Macabre Dia de Los Muertos presented by Lonestar Ballet - Amarillo Civic Center | October 26, 2023
- Cottonwood Faire - Thompson Park | October 28, 2023
- Festival de Danza Folklorico Dia de los Muertos - Globe-News for the Performing Arts | October 28, 2023