An original ballet sharing several commanding moments in Texas history of five extraordinary couples who in their different ways made an incredible impact on the development of this great state. These couples loved each other, the land, and the freedom to dedicate their lives to building a new state and grasping a new adventure. The stories presented are:
- Cynthia Ann Parker and her Comanche husband Peta Nacona, famed white captive and Chief parents to Quanna Parker, recognized famous Camanche chief and political leader.
- Colonel Charles and Molly Goodnight, rancher and loving wife, who began the legendary buffalo herd.
- Notorious and spirited Saloon Dancer, Frenchy McCormick and her Irish gambler husband, Mickey McCormick.
- Susanna Dickinson and Captain Almeron Dickinson, Alamo defender. She and her infant daughter survived the siege of the Alamo and rallied the Texas patriots to "Remember the Alamo."
- Emily West Morgan, a blended ethnic beauty to come indentured to the famous Mexican General, Santa Ana. Emily distracted the general thus allowing the Texas Army to win the day at the decisive Battle of San Jacinto. This earned her fame as the legendary, "Yellow Rose of Texas".
Each story is unique, moving, and memorable as it brings history to life on stage.**
**Information Provided by Lone Star Ballet